We’ve just completed our annual survey of SpokenWord.org listeners and starting today I’ll be reporting some of the results here on Blogarithms. Overall:
- We emailed a link to the survey to 3,176 registered members of SpokenWord.org.
- 250 (8%) of those clicked through to the survey.
- 174 started the survey.
- 147 completed the survey.
“How important are…?” On a scale of 1 (Not for Me) to 3 (Important):
- Audio (2.83) 86% said “Important (4.0)”
- Video (1.91)
- Free Audiobooks (2.29)
- Paid (Audible.com) Audiobooks (1.70)
The ratio of audio/video is expected, but I was surprised to see the ratings of both free and paid audiobooks.
“Have you ever watched or listened to…?”
- Public radio (70%)
- Free audiobooks from Librivox.org (38%)
- YouTube.edu (31%)
- Paid audiobooks from Audible.com (27%)
- Fora.tv (25%)
- Free audiobooks from Podiobooks (20%)
- WGBH Network Forum (11%)
Again, the surprise for me is the high percentage of listeners to both free and paid audiobooks.