Because SpokenWord.org collections can subscribe to feeds and even follow other collections, they can grow to a size that is unmanageable. We’ve therefore added three ways in which you can keep your collections under control.
- Limit the number of programs.
- Limit the age of programs.
- Limit the size of a collections RSS feed.
On your collection’s page, click the Info link under “Edit This Collection”.
1. “Remove oldest programs when there are more than [count] or [age].” The default value for [count] is 1,000, the maximum number of programs any collection can contain. If you want to keep your collection smaller, select another value: 10, 25, 100 or 250. As you add new programs, earlier-added programs will be removed in order to maintain the maximum size you specify.
2. Likewise [age] tells us how long to keep programs from the date you collect them. The default is never to delete them (by age), but you can change this to automatically remove programs that have been in your collection for more than one week, one month or one year.
3. “Most-recent programs to include in RSS feed: [count].” By default, we’ll include up to 100 programs from your collection in its RSS feed. But you can use this option to change that value to 10, 25, 50, 100, 250 or “all”.
Note: Although you can set all of these values now, only #3 (RSS limits) is operational. We won’t turn on #1 and #2 until at least Wednesday morning (July 15) at 9am Pacific time to allow you time to modify your collections that may be affected by the change.