We asked SpokenWord.org listeners to rate the various features of our service, and here’s what we learned:
- Browsing by category (2.8 out of 3.0)
- Finding individual episodes (2.6)
- Finding new RSS feeds (2.5)
- Personal Collections (2.4)
- Ratings (2.4)
- Tags (2.4)
- “Most popular” lists (2.3)
- Improve the website design (2.2)
- Automated recommendations (2.1)
“Don’t Need It”
- iPod/iPhone integration (2.2)*
- non-Apple device integration (2.2)*
- A mobile-device version of the web site (2.0)
- “Send to a friend” (1.7)
- More screencast tutorials (1.7)
- Following others’ collections (1.7)
- Widgets for blogs (1.5)
- Post to Twitter and/or Facebook (1.4)
* It might have been better to combine these into a choice for “mobile device integration.” Since our listeners are 50/50 Apple and non-Apple, the combined interest in mobile-device integration might have been quite high.
It seems that sharing and other social-networking features are among the least important to our listeners, whereas features for personal use rank quite highly.
We should also note that this is a survey of those who are registered for SpokenWord.org, and most likely those that find some value in the service as-is. Therefore these criteria are not necessarily the same as what might attract new users with difference preferences.