What an amazing Board of Directors we have. In addition to Jon Udell, David Weinberger and Jake Shapiro, today we elected Brian Gruber of Fora.tv to the board then spent the rest of our time in informal session. Discussion highlights included:
- PodCorps.org is not being used. We may put it into cold storage until we can find someone or some organization to champion it.
- What’s the 3-5 year strategy? Should The Conversations Network merge with another compatible non-profit?
- Our traditional channels (eg, IT Conversations) are solid and stable.
- SpokenWord.org is the future growth of The Conversations Network.
- How can SpokenWord.org best serve the public? Academia? The press/media? Libraries?
- Should we exercise more of our own curatorial control and influence? Serendipity only goes so far.
- How are we better than any other aggregator? Open APIs are critical to creating value.
- What benefit do we offer our content provider/partners?
Yes, we asked more questions than we answered, but that’s what a good board meeting is all about.